To define a Business Process, you go to [App Setting] menu. The flow of the business is defined by placing icons onto a Flow Chart. Created Business Process Definition is called "Process Model", it will work as a Workflow system immediately by clicking on the 'Release' button.
1. To create an App
- 1. Drawing of Flow Chart
- Design a flow of business by placing icons, and link them with arrows
- 2. Setting of Data Items
- Define the [name] and the [type] of input items that are to be handed on , one by one
- 3. Setting of Permission
- Set each data item to be read or to be input, in each step
- 4. Setting of Split
- Set Splitting rule to each Split point
- 5. Enumerating Personnel to be Offered
- Enumerating nominees who are the Persons to be Offered to operate each step (M209)
- All the setting is done on the browser (Flash Player / constant connection is required)
- There will be no session timeout due to non-operation (There is possibility of session termination due to the change in the communication condition)
- Simultaneous editing by multiple people is not supported (Will be overwritten with the latest editing)
- Assignment of Users or Role information are managed in the whole system (Cannot Set by individual App)
- More than 500 samples of [Apps] have been published in the sample archive (extention : .qar）
2. Running as a Workflow System
- a. Activate
- To build a new Workflow system or to update version, click on the [Release developing Version] button
- b. Suspend
- To disable the Start new Process action, click on the [▼App] button, then select [Suspend]
- c. Restart
- To make a suspended Process Model to allow to Start new Process, click on the [▼App] button, then select [Restart]
- A Process Model containing Definition Error cannot be Released
- Version number of a Process Model will be given at each time of Releasing
- You can leave version note when the Process Model is Released
- Each Started Process continues to flow according to the "definition at the Starting", even the version was updated during running
- The option of terminating all the Processes in progress upon [Suspend] is also available
3. Updating specifications of workflow system
- 1. Modification on App settings
- Update the Split setting or setting of underwriting candidate, etc.
- 2. Save and Release
- Release the new version
- Once you create a new application and release it, it will run as "version 1"
- The setting modification after the initial release will be automatically saved as "version 2". (It does not affect running App)
- In order to update the App to "version 2", "Release" version 2 again
Z. More Info: Operational Test as Workflow System
- a. Debug execution
- Conduct [Debug execution] on Developing version of Process Model, by flowing an Issue to check its operation
- You will be able to flow an Issue on the Developing version, even without [Releasing] it
- You can select arbitrary [First Tasks] which is connected to [Start event]
- It is also possible to operate all of the Steps by yourself (Option of "Allocate all Tasks to me")
- You can select a [Profile] If you are using the [Variables] in the Process Model Definition
- FAQ: How Do I Conduct Operational Tests on a Running Workflow App?
Z. More Info: Reverting a [App] to Previous Version
- a. Duplicate
- [Copy] the previous version you want to go back, and Release it as another Process Model
- Only the Definition information will be duplicated (Process data (Business record) will not be duplicated!)
- If you need to take over the business data, you will need to edit and to update the current version manually
Z. More Info: Deleting [App] (Cannot be recovered!)
- a. Delete
- [Delete] the Process Model only when you want to delete all the definition information and business data in the Process Model
- Select [Suspend], if you need to refer business data as a business record
- “Active” Apps cannot be deleted. To delete an Active App, [Suspend] it before [delete].
- 2018-03-05 (Work Request flow): Episode 577: Work Request Flow is the Basic of Workflow
- 2017-12-04 (Order FAX Handling): Episode 564: Store Received FAX on Unlimited Cloud
- 2016-03-22 (Cartoon Creation flow): Episode 475: Business Process that Finishes "Manga" upon Creating "Scenario"
- 2016-02-22 (Approval Request): Episode 471: I won't Give an Approval to My Own Application! (by a director of a department)
- 2015-12-28 (Procurement Request): Episode 463: Procurement Request (Starter Template)
- 2015-12-21 (Planning-Approval flow): Episode 462: Planning - Approval (Basic Business Pack)
- 2015-11-09 (General-purpose work request): Chain of Request is what Workflow is for (Product Tryout with Simple Requests)
- 2015-01-13: Let's Standardize 'Proposal Creation Process'!
- 2014-11-04: Create a Mechanism that 'Daily Report' which might have been Piled up, won't be so!