You can download data to a local computer as a file, for example, files attached to Issues, Information Lists of all the Issues, etc. However, unnecessary duplication of files leads to adverse effects. For instance, the inability to find original files, being a burden to disk storage capacity, etc. In Questetra it is possible to display a button to export data to external online storage systems such as Google Drive.
1. Overview of Proxy Access
- a. Data Communication using OAuth
- The computer acts as proxy to perform communication that is approved by the User themselves.
- b. Data Communication using Basic Authentication
- The computer performs communication using a password which is entrusted by the User as proxy.
- OAuth is a secure proxy access method that is used widely. For example, in auto-posting from Facebook to Twitter, etc.
- External access using OAuth is authorized by the external resource side (as well as revocation of access)
- "OAuth 2.0 specification" is the only proxy access method in which Questetra can be the client-side (transmission side of HTTP request)
2. Set up Authorization of Data Collaboration on the Online Storage Side
- 1. Enable the API
- Enable the API that is required for OAuth Communications.
- The only external storage system that can collaborate with Questetra is Google Drive (as of January 2016)
3. Register the Information of the Data Collaboration Host
- 1. Set up the Domain
- Enter your domain in the [G Suite connectivity] menu (e.g. example.com).
- At the same time you can use various collaboration functions of G Suite
4. Data Export Operation by Users
- 1a. Enable the functions
- Enable G Suite Collaboration in [Account Settings] for each User.
- 1b. Authorize Communication
- When exporting data for the first time the authorization of the external resource side will be required.
- 2. Revoke Authorization for Communication
- Revoke the access authorization in the security settings of the external resource side.
Z1. More Info: Settings when Calling REST API of Another Service from Questetra (Questetra to be OAuth2 client)