There are many situations where it is convenient to replicate previously used Business Data for subsequent processing, such as monthly billing for customers or calling meetings of board members and creating meeting minutes. By placing an event downstream in an App which will re-trigger the process you can automatically start subsequent issues that will reuse the relevant Business Data (recursive call) (Message Catch Event).
1. Overview of Cases that Automatically Restart
- a. Cases where a single issue flows in the Workflow
- For example, at the time of sending the minutes to the board of directors, restart the process.
- b. Cases where multiple issues flow simultaneously in the Workflow
- For example, starting next month's billing process when sending this month's bill to each customer.
2. Design a Business Process and Release It Once
- 1. Design a Business Process
- Design the Business Processes using [Message Start Event].
- 2. Release the Business Process
- Release the Business Processes in order to determine the starting point ID (nodeNumber), etc.
- 3. Write down the starting format
- Display the format (API) to trigger the automatic start and make a note of its contents.
- The automatic start parameter (start-up format) will be confirmed by putting the Process Model into a running state after saving the changes
3. Set up the Sending Event
- a. Service Task (HTTP request to Start Event)
- Select the target Service Tasks added to the automatic process palette and place them in the workflow diagram.
- b. Business data to be delivered
- Specify the values and Data Items to be sent as necessary
- The name format of the Service Task is; App ID, App Name, Node Number: Step Name, of the receiving event
- Process start-up will fail if the required settings for the Data Items to be delivered, or configurations that do not satisfy the input check items are set.