There are many cases that generating of strings is needed in the middle of Business process such as "Initial password" by the IT department, or "Agreement ID" by the Legal department. Methods of combining "Time information" or "Serial number information" should be considered if the generated strings were required to be unique. (Data assignment Step, Script Step)
1. Overview of the String Generation Mechanism
- a. Processing on Business Data
- Process on the data which have been entered at an upstream Step, and assign the result. (For example: Customer name, application name, etc.) （M405）
- b. Formatting an Issue-specific ID
- Use a [Process ID] or [Process sequence number] that are unique to an Issue after formatting them.
- c. Formatting the Start Time or the Elapsed Time
- Use the time in which the Issue started or the "Current time" obtained at an Intermediate Event, after formatting them.
- d. Formatting the Name of the Operator or the Department
- Use the name of the applicant or the approver, after formatting them.
- e. Generating a Random String by Script
- Generate a String using functions; For example: "Math.random()", and set it.
- For example: you can set a string such as "20150123-01" by combining "Current date" and [Process ID].
2. Overviews about Practical Use of String Generation
- a. Generating a File Name
- Generate a unique file name immediately before the [PDF Auto-generation Step].
- b. Generating Membership ID or Acceptance ID
- Issuing Acceptance numbers or Incident numbers.
- c. Generating Passwords
- Generate temporary passwords upon issuing accounts for internal systems.
- To ensure uniqueness, a technique to combine the unique [Process ID] in the workflow platform is effective.
- 2017-10-23 (Information Request Correspondence): Episode 558: Ingeniousness in Numbering of "Reception Number" to Reduce Complainer
- 2015-04-27 (Bill Issuance - Bookkeeping flow): Cooperation of Invoicing Flow and Accounting System
- 2015-04-20 (Quotation Approval flow): Centrally Management for the Quotation Data
- 2014-03-17 (Event Participation Acceptance flow): Sending Certificate of Participation for Event in PDF (Workflow Automation)