To configure pre-filled data in the Task Processing Screen (Input Screen), the method of Auto-Setting an [Initial Value] at the uppermost stream is useful. However, when it is necessary to refer to certain Business Data, the value must be set in the middle of the flow (Auto-Set Step).
1. Differences between Setting Initial Value and Generating Midstream with respect to String-type Data
- a. Refer to the Business Data
- You can refer to Business Data values (including [Issue Name]) when passing automated Steps
- b. Need to recognize the risk of overwriting
- The Data Item configured auto-set expression will overwrite the input value at the upper stream
- c. Need to recognize the risk of collision processing
- There is a possibility of conflicts in rewriting Data if the flow is split simultaneously
- Initial Value Settings do not allow Data that refers to other Business Data Items
2. Overview of the Purpose of Generating String-type Data Midstream
- a. Avoid Double-Input
- E.g. Inputting the deadline on both the "Payment Deadline" and "Invoice Guide" etc.
- b. Prevent Transcription Error
- E.g. Setting "Inquirer Name" in the "Body Text" or setting "Inquirer Address" in the "Reply Destination"
- c. Prevent Variations in Notation Style
- E.g. Set files name according to "Contract Type (Select-type)"
- The set Data will be copied when the issue passes through automated steps
- Even though the "Reference Source" is changed in the lower stream, the "Assignment Target" will not be modified cooperatively
3. Place Steps for Auto-Setting
- 1. Placing Data Setting Steps
- Add [Service Task] steps into the flow
- 2. Adding Notes
- Add Description notes on the input screen, such as "will be Auto-set/has been Auto-set"
- Instead of setting "Draft" as the [Initial Value], set it as a reference expression of [Service Task(Data Assignment)]
- In the lower stream give information to prevent parts that should not be modified from being edited by using "Input Hint"