When you are going to flow a new Issue onto the Workflow (Business Process) choose a suitable "Workflow App" (Business Process Definition listed in [Start] menu. For example, if you want to register English-Japanese translation issue, choose the 'Translating flow'. Input the required details into the displayed [Task Operation Form] and then internal processing along the Business Process Definition will start when you click on the Finish button.
1. Checking the Workflow
- 1. Browsing the Workflow
- Click on [Start] to show the list of "Workflow Apps".
- 2. Checking the Flow and Rules
- Click on [Detail] to see the Flow Diagram and the Work Manual.
- Only the "Workflow Apps" which you can [Start] will be shown. (Depending on your Role or the section you belong to)
- Reference FAQ: No App to Start is Displayed in the List of "Start" Menu.
2. Starting New Issues
- 1. Listing the Workflows
- Click on the [Start] button to show the list of Workflow Apps.
- 2. Registering information on the Issue
- Click on the [Start and Operate First Step] button to open input screen (Task Operation Form), then input the required details.
- When you finish registering a new issue it will proceed to the next Step according to the Business Process Definition (Workflow Apps)
3. Controlling the Issues in Progress
- a. Modifying Data
- To edit Issue data click on the [Operate Task] button on the detail screen.
- b. Aborting
- To forcibly Stop the Issue click on the [Terminate] button on the detail screen.
- c. Deleting Completely
- To erase progress records and data of the issue click on the [Delete] button. (UNRESTORABLE!)
- These buttons appears only on [Administator Mode]
- You must have "control authorization" to control the Issue in progress
- The person who Started the Workflow can control it until the Issue arrives at the handling Step of other people
- Once all the Steps on the Issue have finished, data cannot be modified regardless of authorization level (for secure preservation of the audit trail)
X. Blog Articles
- 2018-10-02: Your first step of Questetra BPM Suite / Chpt.1: Using Preinstalled App as Workflow User
X. Workflow Apps
- 2019-05-29: Translation Request Flow