In the situation that 'somebody else should handle' the Issue that you have accepted, or 'somebody else is ready to undertake on behalf of you', you can [Delegate] the Issue to others. Users who have Control Authorization can change the undertaker of the Issue forcibly to others than the candidates.
1. Usage Example of 'Delegate of Accepted Issues'
- a. Mismatching between Handler and Issue
- Found more appropriate handler (e.g.: ‘Translation which is required expertise’)
- b. Optimization of Work Sharing
- One of the Co-workers who has room of time is going to handle on behalf
2. Browsing the Details of the Issue
- 1. Issue Data
- You can see the entered values in each Data Item
- 2. Progress of the Issue
- You can see the current location (Step) in the Flow diagram
- 3. History on the Issue
- You can see the Handler / handling time of upstream Step
- 4. Associated Enterprise Social Networking Posts
- You can see the posts (tweets) on the Enterprise Social Networking associated with the Issue (#pIssue ID (ProcessID))
3. Let Someone to Undertake
- Let somebody else (by designation) undertake the Issue which you have accepted.
- When there is no one else who could handle the Issue (if you were the only candidate in the Step), you cannot delegate it
- Users who have [Process Administrator] Authorization can assign to anyone