The appearance of the list of search results and the appearance of the Business data in the detail will vary by individual. You cannot know the data in Issues which are not related to yourself or which you don't have the"Data Viewing Authority", including its existence. For the range that you are capable of searching and aggregation, you can see it at [App Authorization] shown in [Account Setting].
1. Issues that Appear in Search Results
- a. Issues You Were Involved with
- Issues you have Started and Issues you undertook the Steps in the middle of
- b. Data Viewing Authorization
- Issues on operations which you have been given the [Data Viewer] from [App Administrator]
- In "Issues you were involved", only data items that you could view in the Step you undertook will be the subject to be searched to be shown
- Issues will not be shown even though you could view in the period of [ui_word]Offered[/ui_word], etc., however, you did not handle eventually
- With the authorization of [ui_word]Data Viewer (only Progress Information)[/ui_word], you cannot search for Business data (except 'Title', etc.)
2. Checking Your Authorization
- 1. Browsing Your Authorization
- Browsing the list of Apps at [ui_word]Account Setting[/ui_word]
- 2. Checking Your Authorizations
- Checking if you have the authorization of [ui_word]Data Viewer[/ui_word] or [ui_word]Data Viewer (only Progress Information)[/ui_word]
- Only the Workflow definitions (App) that any of the authorization has been given to you) will appear
- [ui_word]Data viewer[/ui_word] subsumes [ui_word]Data Viewer (only Progress Information)[/ui_word] (You don't need [ui_word]Data Viewer (only Progress Information)[/ui_word] if you had [ui_word]Data viewer[/ui_word])
3. Searching through Search Window
- a. Searching by ID
- If you know the Issue ID (Process ID), type the number (e.g.: '123')
- b. Searching by the Title
- Searching all over the Issues which you have the authorization
4. Usage Example of 'Search Window'
- a. Checking the History with a Client
- Searching over the history of correspondence with a particular client, such as Estimate, Inquiry, Invoice, etc..
- b. Checking the Activities of Employees
- Searching over the history of applications that a particular employee made, such as Expense Claim, Password Revising, etc..
- The efficiency of "cross-operation searching (by Title)" will vary depending on whether what information is described in the Title in the daily work.
- (If the initial value is set to be entered in advance, search efficiency will be significantly better.) M207
- (The fluctuation in the description of the Title will reduced by guiding "Tips for input" for the Title data.) M213
- 2016-03-28 (Company Regulations Creation/Dissemination): Episode 476: Regulation Revision Flow is also "Regulation Browsing System"
- 2014-05-07: Choices for both of Column A and B (Weekly report by store manager)