You can configure data items to be pre-filled with data. The Initial Value is not only for fixed values, but can also be variable values such as the date and time of the process start, e.g “14 days after the application date (process start date)”, or the process initiator.
1. Usage Example of Initial Value
- 1. Illustration by Example
- Preventing variation of the input format (e.g. ●●,Inc.)
- 2. Automation of Standard Value Input
- Reduce the need to enter the same value repeatedly (the standard value) (e.g. Your role in the company)
- 3. Automating Compliance with the Business Rules
- Eliminate the need to calculate values manually based on business rules (e.g. Enter due date at end of the following month)
- Extensive use of the Initial Value might increase risks like "believing to have input", etc.
- You can also set input guidance texts (HTML5, placeholder), instead of an initial value (in String type, etc.)
2. Setting Assignment Rule of an Initial Value (Fixed Assignment)
- a. Fixed Value Preset
- E.g. Your role in the company (String type), '2020-07-24 20:00' (Datetime type)
- If a value is assigned that causes the setting to fail, the initial value will be ignored (e.g. '2001-02-29' in Date type)
- You can not set an initial value for File type, Discussion type, Table type data, etc.
3. Setting Assignment Rule of an Initial Value (Dynamic Assignment)
- b. Preset Referring to Start Time
- E.g. Set the last day of the following month to the item of "Payment Due Date"
- c. Preset Referring to Start User
- E.g. Set a title that includes the applicant's name
- d. Preset Referring to Process ID
- E.g. Set a filename that includes a sequence number
- Depending on the data type to be assigned, the setting method of an assignment and data that can be referenced are different
4. Cases in which the Initial Value is not Assigned
- a. An Unknown Organization
- [Process Start Organization] by Users who belong to multiple Organizations
- b. An Unknown Starter
- [Process Start User] where the first Step will be [Awaiting Operation] due to a Timer Start, etc.
- 2017-07-03 (PayPal Invoice Issuance-Cancellation notification): Episode 542: Easy Billing Operation by Connecting with PayPal Invoice (3)
- 2017-06-26 (PayPal Invoice Issuance-PayPal Check): Episode 541: Easy Billing Operation by Connecting with PayPal Invoice (2)
- 2017-06-19 (PayPal Invoice Issuance): Episode 540: Easy Billing Operation by Connecting with PayPal Invoice (1)
- 2017-05-08 (Date Input Form Test): Episode 534: Devising to Prevent Date Input Errors
- 2016-07-04 (Test flow for Input Form): Episode 490: Placing a Button for Automatic Password Generation
- 2016-02-22 (Approval Request): Episode 471: I won't Give an Approval to My Own Application! (by a director of a department)
- 2015-12-28 (Procurement Request): Episode 463: Procurement Request (Starter Template)
- 2015-12-21 (Planning-Approval flow): Episode 462: Planning - Approval (Basic Business Pack)
- 2015-11-30 (Year End Adjustment): Automate Complicated Calculation for "Insurance Premium Deduction" at Year-end Adjustment!
- 2015-11-24 (Year End Adjustment): Should A Year-end Adjustment Form Include Individual Number?
- 2015-10-26 (Call Corporation Number System (Web-API)): Querying External Web-API with Corporation Number
- 2015-06-22 (Individual Number Application flow): National Identification Number in Workflow (2)
- 2015-03-16: Teleworking System, You can Achieve This Far with Free Cloud!
- 2015-02-02: Reimbursement for Out-of-Pocket Expenses in Your Company, Does the Business Flow Prevent 'Fraud'?
- 2014-06-09: "Choices .XML" to be Shared with Whole Society (Prefectural Code / Enterprise ID)
- 2014-04-21: Embedding Business Data in Auto-email! (Files, Choices...)
- 2014-03-31: Response to Brochure Request, Fully Automated?
- 2014-03-17: Sending Certificate of Participation for Event in PDF (Workflow Automation)
- 2014-03-10: Automatic Issuing Invoice PDF in Cloud-based Workflow
- 2014-03-03: Utilizing Workflow for Smooth Web Site Operation
- 2014-02-24: String type(!), Date type(!!), File type(?!), Discussion type(?!!)