You can configure data items to be pre-filled with data. The Initial Value is not only for fixed values, but can also be variable values such as the date and time of the process start, e.g “14 days after the application date (process start date)”, or the process initiator.
1. Usage Example of Initial Value
- 1. Illustration by Example
- Preventing variation of the input format (e.g. ●●,Inc.)
- 2. Automation of Standard Value Input
- Reduce the need to enter the same value repeatedly (the standard value) (e.g. Your role in the company)
- 3. Automating Compliance with the Business Rules
- Eliminate the need to calculate values manually based on business rules (e.g. Enter due date at end of the following month)
- Extensive use of the Initial Value might increase risks like "believing to have input", etc.
- You can also set input guidance texts (HTML5, placeholder), instead of an initial value (in String type, etc.)
2. Setting Assignment Rule of an Initial Value (Fixed Assignment)
- a. Fixed Value Preset
- E.g. Your role in the company (String type), '2020-07-24 20:00' (Datetime type)
- If a value is assigned that causes the setting to fail, the initial value will be ignored (e.g. '2001-02-29' in Date type)
- You can not set an initial value for File type, Discussion type, Table type data, etc.
3. Setting Assignment Rule of an Initial Value (Dynamic Assignment)
- b. Preset Referring to Start Time
- E.g. Set the last day of the following month to the item of "Payment Due Date"
- c. Preset Referring to Start User
- E.g. Set a title that includes the applicant's name
- d. Preset Referring to Process ID
- E.g. Set a filename that includes a sequence number
- Depending on the data type to be assigned, the setting method of an assignment and data that can be referenced are different
4. Cases in which the Initial Value is not Assigned
- a. An Unknown Organization
- [Process Start Organization] by Users who belong to multiple Organizations
- b. An Unknown Starter
- [Process Start User] where the first Step will be [Awaiting Operation] due to a Timer Start, etc.