When it comes to the maintenance of Allocations in the Business Process or System privileges, it will take a big effort to perform it for each “User unit”. In Questetra, you can configure them by "Group Unit" using the Grouping feature called [Organization] or [Role]. [Organization] is represented as a Tree structure, such as "Company - General Affairs Department - Human Resources Department", so you can use its hierarchical structure to manage the User affiliations.
1. Overviews about the Advantages of Grouping the Users in Tree Structure
- a. Grant System Privilege
- Grant, e.g. Administrator Privileges to the Users who belong to 'IT Department'.
- b. Grant Local Privilege
- Grant, e.g. [Data Viewer Authorization] to the Users who belong 'Sales Headquarters' and its sub-organization.
- c. Set Allocation Rule
- Define Business Rules, e.g. request reviewing to anyone in the Parent Organization.
- Granted privileges and authorizations will be revoked at the time the User is removed from the [Organization].
- Setting by User unit is also available. (You do not have to define all the groups into Organization.)
2. Add Organizational Unit Tree Structure
- 1. Name the Root Organization
- Name the Organization which to contain all the Users who log in to Questetra.
- 2. Add Suborganizational Units
- Make a grouping for all the Users to be assigned, then add as [Organization].
- In case using within in-house members, name the root organization, e.g. "Company" or "example.com".
- In case using among multiple companies, set the representation, e.g. "X Project" or "All Traders".
- e.g. Root Organization:"00. Company", suborganization:"10. Officers", "20. Management Dept.", "30. Sales Dept."
- Subdivide to the Organizational unit that is used in the definition of Allocation rules or setting of Data Viewing Authorization.
- You can also add in batch with CSV data.
3. Configure Properties of Each Organization
- 1. Set Leaders
- This setting enables to define Business Processes, e.g. "Approval by the belonging Organization Leader".
- 2. Set Organizational Address
- This setting enables to define Business Processes, e.g. "Auto-sending Emails to all the members of an Organization".
- You can set more than one User as [Leaders]. (e.g. Set both Department Manager and Deputy Department Manager as Leaders.)
- 2017-12-18 (Account Issuance-ML Registration-Reservation): Episode 566: Reserving Revision of Membership Information due to Personnel Change