Maintaining system privileges in Business Processes on a per-user basis can be very time-consuming. In Questetra you can configure Privileges by "Group Units" using the [Organization] or [Role] features. [Organization] is represented as a tree structure, such as "Company - General Affairs Department - Human Resources Department", so you can use its hierarchical structure to manage the User affiliations.
1. Overview of the Advantages of Grouping Users in a Tree Structure
- a. Grant System Privileges
- E.g. Grant Administrator Privileges to the Users who belong to 'IT Department'
- b. Grant Local Privileges
- E.g. Grant [Data Viewer] Authorization to Users who belong 'Sales Headquarters' and its sub-organizations
- c. Set Allocation Rules
- Define Business Rules, e.g. to request a review from someone in the Parent Organization
- Granted privileges and Authorization will be revoked at the time the User is removed from the [Organization].
- Setting Privileges by User is also available. (You do not have to define all groups in an Organization.)
2. Add Organizational Unit Tree Structure
- 1. Name the Root Organization
- Name the Organization which will contain all the Users who log in to Questetra.
- 2. Add Sub-organizational Units
- Assign each user to a group, and then add these groups as an [Organization].
- When using in-house members name the root organization, e.g. "Company" or "example.com"
- When using between multiple companies use expressions such as "X Project" or "All Traders"
- E.g. Root Organization: "00. Company", suborganization: "10. Officers", "20. Management Dept.", "30. Sales Dept."
- Subdivide the Organizational unit that is used in the definition of Allocation rules or setting Data Viewing Authorization
- You can also import in batches with CSV data
3. Configure Properties of Each Organization
- 1. Set Leaders
- This setting enables the definition of Business Processes like "Approval by the Organization Leader"
- 2. Set Organizational Address
- This setting enables the definition of Business Processes like "Auto-sending Emails to all members of an Organization"
- You can set more than one User as a [Leader]. E.g. Set both Department Manager and Deputy Department Manager as Leaders