Maintaining system privileges in Business Processes on a per-user basis can be very time-consuming. In Questetra you can configure Privileges by "Group Units" using the [Organization] and [Role] features. [Role] enables you to group Users according to their individual attributes such as "Group Department Managers" or "Qualified personnel".
1. Overview of the Advantages of Grouping Users by Common Attributes
- a. Allocation Rule Settings (Role)
- You can define Process Models so all Users who have "Translation Skill" will be candidates
- b. Allocation Rule Settings (Organization and Role)
- Allocate to a User who is a member of the suborganization "Sales Department" and has "Translation Skill"
- c. Allocation Rule Settings (Dynamic Organizational and Role)
- Allocate to a User who is a member of the upper-level of your organization and has a "Department Manager" role
- The [Role] feature is for efficient Allocation Rule definition only.
- [Role] enables you to manage cross-organizational attributes efficiently, such as "Department Manager" or "Japanese - English Translation Skill"
- When the [Organization] Tree Structure is sufficient to manage Assignment Rule Definition for each Task, [Role] is unnecessary
2. Considerations for the Effectiveness of [Role] for Business Process Definition (Allocation Rule Definition)
- a. Represent Authorization by the Position
- Department Manager Role with "Authorization to approve expense up to one million JPY" for the sake of Segregation of Duties
- b. Represent Authorization by Being in Charge
- E.g. "Person in charge of locking a store", "Graduates of Kyoto Univ. as Recruiter " etc.
- c. Represent Authorization by the Skill
- E.g. "Fire Safety Supervisor", "Person with qualification of Information Security" etc.
- d. Represent Teams that are not included in the Organization Tree Structure
- E.g. "Planner Team of Company Outing", "Softball Team" etc.
- e. Represent Other Effective User Groups for Business Rule Definition
- E.g. "New Employee in Training", "Part-time workers" etc.
- In Business Process Definition you can also define Models which combine multiple Roles
3. Add Roles
- 1. Add Required Roles
- Add Role names, etc. in New Addition screen.
R3040: Formats for CSV Bulk Addition (Role)
System Settings – Role List
- You can Add in bulk using CSV data
Please sign in to leave a comment.