Sometimes you will want to duplicate information about date and time from the Workflow System to an external schedule or calendar system, for example, information about the deadline of each Step in a Process. In Questetra it is possible to display a button to copy data to an external online calendar (Google Calendar only, as of January 2016).
1. Overview of Proxy Access
- a. Data Communication using OAuth
- The computer acts as proxy to perform communication that is approved by the User themselves.
- b. Data Communication using Basic Authentication
- Computer performs communication using a password which is entrusted by the User as proxy.
- OAuth is a secure proxy access method that is used widely. For example, in auto-posting from Facebook to Twitter, etc.
- External access using OAuth is authorized by the external resource side (as well as revocation of access)
- "OAuth 2.0 specification" is the only proxy access method in which Questetra can be the client-side (transmission side of HTTP request)
2. Set up Authorization of Data Collaboration on the Online Calendar
- 1. Enable the API
- Enable the API that is required for OAuth Communications.
- The only external calendar that can collaborate with Questetra is Google Calendar (As of January 2016)
3. Register the Information of the Data Collaboration Host
- 1. Set up the Domain
- Enter your domain in the [G Suite connectivity] menu (e.g. example.com).
- At the same time you can use various collaboration functions of G Suite
4. A User Perform an Operation to Export Data
- 1a. Enable the functions
- Enable G Suite Collaboration in the [Account Settings] of each User.
- 1b. Authorize Communications
- When exporting data for the first time the authorization of the external resource side will be required.
- 2. Revoke Authorization of Communications
- Revoke the access authorization in the security settings of the external resource side.
Z1. More Info: Settings when Calling REST API of Another Service from Questetra (Questetra to be OAuth2 client)