Some [Select-Type] Data have many options such as lists of country names or business partners. In these cases interactively filtering the display with a [Search Select Box] is useful. However, in cases where filtering with classifications such as "Region" or "Business Category" is possible we should also consider a two-step input with classification data.
1. Overview of Option Filtering
- a. Define Parent-Child Relationship of Options
- Classify Child options into groups and define a common Parent.
- b. Selecting a Parent Option Narrows the Children Options List
- When selecting a Parent on the input screen only the corresponding Child options are displayed.
- If you have not selected a Parent option all of the Child options will be displayed
- After selecting a Child option, if you change the Parent option the Child option returns to the unselected state
2. Setting of Option Filtering
- 1. Design Option IDs
- Child choices whose [Choice ID] matches the Parent [Option ID] are filtered
- 2. Set Select-Type Data Items
- Set two Select-type data items for the Parent and Child
- 3. Set Parent-Child Relationship
- Specify the Parent Select-type data item in the data item of Child
- Radio Button, Select Box and Search Select Box can all be designated as a Parent
- It is also possible to define Child choices with multiple Parents, depending on the design of the option ID
- 2018-01-09 (Housekeeping flow-Complaints Record): Episode 569: Business Improvement in Hotel Operation (Part 2)
- 2018-01-01 (Housekeeping flow): Episode 568: Business Improvement in Hotel Operation (Part 1)
- 2014-05-12 (Weekly Report flow-2 Phase Selection): Select from Main Class, Narrowed Down Choices