Cases where the arrow-path is connected to the upstream process for Reworking are not uncommon. However, there is a possibility that visibility of Tasks might be reduced in [My Tasks] or on the [Heat Map] if "Issues to be reworked" and "New Issues" are mixed together. Therefore, you should consider separating "Steps for Reworking" in a flow with high traffic and the occurrence of Reworkings is high.
1. Overview of Rework of Cases
- a. Unplanned Rework
- For example, when defects are found in the original application, or when a Task is assigned to an operator who does not have the necessary authority, etc.
- b. Planned Rework
- For example, to gradually achieve completion by receiving feedback during planning operations, etc.
2. Organizing the Steps where Reworking Occurs Frequently
- a. Steps with many Input Items
- For example, expense reimbursement claims, request for leave, request for decision-making, etc.
- b. Steps where Reviews are Common
- For example, creating an estimate, registering a draft agreement which was accepted by a business partner, etc.
3. Add a Rework Step
- 1. Place a dedicated Step on the Same Swimlane
- Add a Step which is dedicated to Reworking.
- 2. Connect using an Arrow-path
- Add a path for Reworking and name it. For example, "Rework request".
- You can also make this using an XOR Gateway
- In many cases its data reading level (read-write permission) will have the same settings as the "Input Step"
- Also, consider placing a [Throwing Message Intermediate Event (email) in order to quickly recognize the occurrence of a Rework request
4. Consider Ways to Reduce the Occurrence of Rework
- 1. Measure the Number of Occurrences
- Aggregate the number of Issues which have reached the Rework Step, or the total number of re-inputs, etc.
- 2. Investigate the Cause
- Classify the common cause of Reworkings.
- 3. Improve it
- Improve the Description on the Input screen or "Work Manual".
X. Blog article
- 2019-07-16: I Hate Such a Workflow! – Can’t Send Back!
- 2018-02-05 (Article Idea Acceptance): Episode 573: Business Improvement in Website Operation (Part 3)
- 2018-01-29 (Article Proofreading-Time limitation): Episode 572: Business Improvement in Website Operation (Part 2)
- 2018-01-22 (Article Proofreading): Episode 571: Business Improvement in Website Operation (Part 1)
- 2018-01-15 (Blog Write-Post): Episode 570: Business Improvement in Hotel Operation (Part 3)
- 2017-11-20 (Expense Report flow-Input Check): Episode 562: Reason for Not Using Cloud Expense Management System (4)
- 2017-11-13 (Expense Report flow-Spreadsheet): Episode 561: Reason for Not Using Cloud Expense Management System (3)
- 2017-11-06 (Expense Report flow-Status Control): Episode 560: Reason for Not Using Cloud Expense Management System (2)
- 2017-10-30 (Expense Report flow): Episode 559: Reason for Not Using Cloud Expense Management System
- 2017-07-03 (PayPal Invoice Issuance-Cancellation notification): Episode 542: Easy Billing Operation by Connecting with PayPal Invoice (3)
- 2017-06-26 (PayPal Invoice Issuance-PayPal Check): Episode 541: Easy Billing Operation by Connecting with PayPal Invoice (2)
- 2017-06-19 (PayPal Invoice Issuance): Episode 540: Easy Billing Operation by Connecting with PayPal Invoice (1)
- 2017-05-29 (Base flow of Request type process-Script): Episode 537: Visualizing the Status of Occurrence of Redoing Work
- 2017-05-22 (Base flow of Request type process): Episode 536: The Number of Times of Sending-Back is also Valuable Issue Data!
- 2017-03-13 (Certificate Issuance-Japanese Calendar): Episode 526: "Certificate Issuance Date" of Auto-generated PDF in Japanese Calendar! (Improvement ed.)
- 2017-01-30 (Quote Creation and Approval): Episode 520: What is Automation of Business Process (Part 3)
- 2016-12-26 (Contract Approval Process): Episode 515: Approval on Contract through Workflow! (Improved version)
- 2016-09-12 (Advance-received Registration): Episode 500: Manual Input is A Must for Transfer Slip?
- 2016-09-05 (Quotation Creation flow): Episode 499: Why am I Unsure about General Situation of Submitted Quotations?
- 2016-08-15 (Translation Process - Add-on): Episode 496: Variations of Data Processing at Automated Step (Part 3)
- 2016-08-08 (Character Counter): Episode 495: Variations of Data Processing at Automated Step (Part 2)
- 2016-08-01 (Character Counter): Episode 494: Variations of Data Processing at Automated Step (Part 1)
- 2016-06-20 (Sales Reporting): Episode 488: Collaboration with Cloud Accounting (Part 3)
- 2016-06-13 (Sales Reporting): Episode 487: Collaboration with Cloud Accounting (Part 2)
- 2016-06-06 (Sales Reporting): Episode 486: Collaboration with Cloud Accounting (Part 1)
- 2016-03-22 (Cartoon Creation flow): Episode 475: Business Process that Finishes "Manga" upon Creating "Scenario"
- 2016-03-14 (Approval Request): Episode 474: Decision-making Flow that Never Allows "Deputy-approval" upon "Over 500 Million JPY"
- 2016-03-07 (Personnel Evaluation process): Episode473: 5 Points for Your Performance of This Month!
- 2016-02-29 (Attendance Report flow): Episode 472: Detect Signs of Flu in Business System?
- 2016-01-25 (Certificate Issuance): Episode 467: Certificate Issue Date on Auto-generated PDF in Japanese Era Name
- 2016-01-12 (Attendance Report flow): Episode 465: Attendance Management in Cloud-based Workflow!
- 2015-07-27 (Internal basic flow of Quotes / Orders / Billing, etc.): Prevention of Accounting Fraud, Nothing else but "Automatic Recording"
- 2015-06-29 (Individual Number Application flow): National Identification Number in Workflow (3)
- 2015-06-22 (Individual Number Application flow): National Identification Number in Workflow (2)
- 2015-05-18 (Progress Report process): The True Progress, No Choice but Asking to Someone who is Concerning in the Project!
- 2015-05-11 (Expense Reimbursement claim flow): Not Directly Modify Expense Paid Data!
- 2015-03-23 (Competitive Quotes flow): Visualization and Labor Saving on Appraisal of Competitive Quotes