- How do I carry out operational tests when I modified a running Workflow App?
- By using the [Debug process execution] feature, it is possible to check the operation without [Releasing] the application.
What's Debug execution feature?
It is a feature to conduct testing/operational check on a Workflow App. Using [Debug process execution], you will be able to Start a Process for Testing (debugging) without [Releasing] the App.
Who use it? Where to Start?
[Debug process execution] is a feature for Workflow Designers, and this menu is prepared on the Process Model Detail screen. This function is available for users who have [App Administrator] authority on the target Workflow App.
You can find in the menu where[▼Version NN (Developing)]>[Debug process execution].
Options of Execution
There are some Options for execution provided in [Debug process execution]. Especially, the option to “Allocate all Tasks to me” is very useful for the operational check of a Process Model in the developing phase.
Option for selecting Start Process point. [Human Tasks] which have been connected to normal [Start Event] is displayed as candidates.
- In the [Debug process execution], it is possible to start a Process, regardless of the Operator setting of the swimlane in which the first Task is located. The User who manipulates [Debug process execution] will become the [Process Start User].
- [Message Start Event] and [Timer start event] cannot be selected as the starting point. (Ver.10.4)
In the case where *[Variables] is used in the Process Model definition, select a profile for Debug execution. (* It is set at [Preference] > [Variables])
By using [Variables], you will be able to switch the “Email destination” or “Access URL to send HTTP Request” of the [Throwing Message Intermediate Event], in accordance with the profiles. Use this function in cases where you want to send emails to destinations where different from the actual operation during test running.
Allocate all Tasks to me
Select [Operators] who handle Tasks. When this option is checked, all the Tasks will be allocated to yourself (person handling this procedure).
- Checked: Not only the first Task, but also all the other Tasks are to be handled by him or herself.
- Unchecked: That person Starts a process and become the Operator of the first Task. After that, it follows the definition of the App
Management of the Process which have Started as Debug Execution
The Process which has Started as [Debug Execution] will appear on the [My Tasks] list, etc. of the Operator of each Step as it is done in actual Processes. The Issue will proceed according to the Process Model Definition and Debug execution options and handled. Also, it will appear in the search results, if it matches the search conditions.
The difference between normal Processes are as below.
The “Processes in Debug execution” are marked with an icon of the Task Operating screen, list of Processes, or Process Details.
Automatically be deleted
The Process which has Started in [Debug Execution] mode will be deleted automatically when one of the following actions occur.
- Edit and Save the App
- To [Release] the new version of the App