- What is the Position for the Task?
- The Organization to which the person responsible for the processing belongs, as determined while they process the task. I.e. Their position within the company.
When a person responsible for a Task processes it, they have to select one of the Organizations to which they belong as their Position for processing the task. If the responsible person only belongs to one Organization, they process the task as a member of that Organization. On the other hand, if they belong to multiple organizations, they have to select one of them.
Let's use the following workflows to explain the "Position", with User A who belongs to the Sales department and User B who belongs to both Sales and Marketing departments.
- Travel Request Flow: all employees can begin
- Order Report Process: only members of the Sales Department can start
If User A starts one of the processes above, regardless of which one it is, the Position for the Task is Sales.
If User B makes a travel request, they can do that as a member of Sales or Marketing. For example, they make a travel request as a member of Marketing to advertise a product. In that case, User B selects "Marketing" on the screen when they process the task.
On the other hand, when User B reports an order, the Organization for processing the task is already determined to be Sales. Therefore, User B's Position for this task is Sales.
* The image shows the Task Operating screen when User B makes a travel request. There is a dropdown menu for selecting the Position at the bottom of the screen.