In the PDF Auto-generation Step a PDF file including predetermined Business data will be generated as a "PDF Template ". If the "PDF Template" was registered in the system by a User with [System Administrator] authorization it is possible to enable reference settings which will allow referencing from each App to the template. With this feature more modeling efficiency and centralized management of PDF layouts can be achieved.
1. Overview of Cases where using a Template PDF should be Considered
- a. Templates that should be Controlled
- Invoice, job offer letter, certification, etc.
- b. Templates that should be Uniform
- Quotations of 1st Sales Division and of 2nd Sales Division, Certification in Japanese and in English, etc.
- c. Templates that should Have Uniform Appearance
- Estimates and quotations, cover sheets of faxes and mail, etc.
- A PDF file into which Business data has been inserted will be generated at the automatic processing Step [Service Task (PDF Generation)] (M228)
- A PDF Template file is classified as a local file that is dedicated to a specific App definition or as a global file that can be referenced from multiple App definitions
2. Provide an Environment where Multiple Apps can Refer to a Template PDF File
- 1. Register the Template PDF File
- Upload New files from [App-shared Add-on] menu
- 2. Update the PDF File
- Upload files from [App-shared Add-on] menu with the same file name
- [System Administrator] authorization is required to register files that can be referenced by multiple apps
- Files that can be referenced by multiple Apps will not be included when exporting the App
- XML files that are dedicated to an App will be registered as [Add-ons] for each Process Model
- XML files that are dedicated to an App will be registered by Users with [App Administrator] authorization
- Currently, checking the file history in the system is not possible