Business data transferred in business operation consists of several [Data Items]. For example, in the case of a "Vacation Application Process", it might consist of [Data Items] such as 1) Vacation start date, 2) Vacation end date, 3) Vacation reason, and 4) Superior's comments. In addition to general data types such as [String-type] and [Numeric-type], items such as [File-type] and [Discussion-type] can also be defined.
1. Add Data Items One by One
- a. Data type
- For example, Add a [Date-type] Data Item for "Vacation Start Date", and a [String-type] Data Item for "Comments".
- b. Data Item name
- Name each item so that it can be easily understood for the personnel who will handle the operation such as the Requester or the Approver
- c. Field Name
- Enter the Field names to be used as the Parameter name for data reception, or as the Embedding ID for PDF Templates (mandatory). If the Field Name is empty, a name will be set automatically according to the Item Name upon closing the window.
- d. Display layout
- Configure the layout on the Input screen
- Up to 300 [Data items] can be added to an individual [App]
- Once added, the [Data type] of the Data Item cannot be changed. Delete it and add new
- A [Data Definition number] will be given automatically upon adding the item
- The string in [Field Name] must be in alphanumeric and _ (underscores) and begin with "q_"
- You can use the buttons, Edit/Columns/Editing permission/Delete/Copy, displayed for the selected Data Item for respective manipulation
- You can modify the layout of the display order of the Data Items using Drag & Drop (the display width is determined in the Column setting)
- The [Data Definition number] remains the same, even when the layout has changed
- You can check the Input screen while adding Data Items using the [Form Preview]
- If you have configured the [Advanced Layout], the added Data Items will not be shown in the Form Preview
Tutorial: Design a User-Friendly Input Form
R2050: List of Data type
R2051: Input Control and System Limits (List of Subtype)
R2012: Limits on the Business Process Definition
2. Select the Data Reading Level in each Step (Read-Write Permission Matrix)
- a. Editable (Read and Write)
- Data will be shown, and it is possible to edit or delete
- b. Display Only (Read Only)
- Data is displayed only (“Annotation” is hidden)
- c. Hidden (-)
- Data is not shown in the Step (Data Item Name is also hidden)
- You can configure permissions in the property screen of Steps in the Workflow diagram, or the [Editing permission] button on the Data Items list
- In the menu at the upper right corner ( ⋮ ), the [Bulk Update Data Editing Permission] menu allows batch updates using TSV files
- It doesn’t matter if a particular Data Item is set as hidden at all the Steps (for example, Input items that are no longer used)
- [Title] is a "Special fundamental Data Item" which cannot be hidden at any Step
Z. More Info: Bulk addition of Data Items with TSV
- a. Bulk Add Data Items
- You can add multiple Data Items at once by using the created TSV file
- Create a TSV file (Download the sample and refer to its contents)
- Separate Item Name, Data Type, Field Name, whether to be Required, with tab and describe one item in a line
- Register the created file by Dropping or clicking to select
Z. More Info: Deleting Data Items
- a. Deleting Data Items before the release of App
- You can delete freely by clicking on the [Trash] button or [Del] key
- You can select multiple items using the Shift/Ctrl key and delete them in bulk
- b. Deleting Data Items after releasing the App
- By clicking the [Remove] button, the Data Item will be out of the search scope and will not be included for bulk download.
- Even for the elements that are no longer to be input after revision, for those that will be frequently referred to, you should set them as [Hidden] in all Steps.
Z. More Info: Understanding Distinctive Data Types
- a. Table-type
- A data type in which you can input basic data, such as, strings and numbers in a table format
- b. File-type
- A data type that can store multiple files (Image files will be previewed).
- c. Discussion-type
- A communication board which automatically records the name of the author of the posts and the time stamp upon posting
- d. User-type
- Helps select a [User] out of the information managed in the whole Workflow platform.
- e. Organization-type
- Helps select an [Organization] out of the information managed in the whole Workflow platform.
- f. Guide Panel-type
Z. More Info: Business Data Indication on the Operating screen
- a. Specified to Display-only (Read Only) (mainly with String-type)
- Consecutive white spaces (single-byte space/tab) is disregarded
- URL strings are presented as Hyperlinks
- A line is broken at the screen width
- b. Specified to Editable (Read and Write) (mainly with String-type)
- Consecutive white spaces (single-byte space/tab) are indicated as they are
- Displayed within the <input> tag and in plain text
- A line is broken at the range of <input> tag (textarea)
- In case if you want to display spaces, line breaks, etc. in monospaced fonts, consider specifying to "Editable"
- Tolerate the risk of data being edited by duplicating the data in advance, etc.
- If you are familiar with HTML/CSS, you can seek further work efficiency improvement by decorating. (M213)
Z. More Info: Understand Data Reference Cases in Automated Processes, etc.
- a. Auto-event (Email Transmission)
- Insert the referenced Business data into the email body and send it to an external server (M224)
- b. Auto-event (HTTP Request）
- Insert the referenced Business data into the REST Request and send it to an external server (M225)
- c. Auto-step (PDF Generation)
- Insert the referenced Business data into the "Template PDF" and generates a new PDF file (M228)
- d. Auto-step (Storage)
- Save File-type Data Items to external storage (M229)
- [Field name] is used for reference or insertion of data
- Numeric-type data will be embedded as a string containing the suffix, prefix and digit delimiter
- In the case of the [Throwing Message Intermediate Event (HTTP)] Numeric-type data will be embedded as a string not containing the suffix, prefix or digit delimiter
Z. More Info: Understanding Data Substitution Cases in Automated Tasks, etc.
- a. Auto-start
- A new Issue Starts flowing with data assigned via [Message Catch Event APIs] (M218, M219, M220, M221, M222)
- b. Auto-event (Receiving)
- Data is assigned via [Message Catch Event APIs] (M226)
- c. Auto-step (Data Assignment)
- Assigned after data combination or arithmetic operation (M227)
- d. Auto-step (Script)
- Data will be referred ⁄ processed ⁄ assigned by ECMA Script (M230)
- e. Developer APIs
- Data will be referred ⁄ assigned by the external program as appropriate
- [Field name] is used for reference or insertion of data
- Upon receiving Numeric-type data in [Message Start Event (HTTP)] or [Catching Messages Intermediate Event] unintended numeric conversion and errors may occur if the value of the received Numeric-type data doesn't meet the settings of the Numeric-type Data Item (decimal character, number of digits after decimal point).
Please sign in to leave a comment.