Business Process definition (new addition / update / deletion) is performed from the [App settings] menu. The workflow is defined by placing icons on the flow diagram. The completed business process definition is called an [App], and operates as a workflow system immediately when the [Release developing version] button is clicked.
1. To create an App
- 1. Draw a Flow Chart
- Arrange the Step icons and connect them with arrows to express the flow of work
- 2. Setting of Data Items
- Define the [Item name] and the [Data type] of input items that are to be passed through the workflow (M205)
- 3. Setting the Permissions
- Set each Data Item to be read or input, at each step
- 4. Setting Branch Splits
- Set Splitting rules for each Split point
- 5. Listing Personnel to be Offered
- List the candidates who will be responsible for operating each step (M209)
- All settings are done in the browser (Flash Player / constant connection is required)
- There is no session timeout due to inactivity (There is a possibility of session termination due to a change in the communication status)
- Simultaneous editing by multiple people is not supported (Apps will be overwritten with the latest edit)
- User department and role information is managed system-wide (cannot be set individually for each application)
- More than 500 sample [Apps] have been published in the sample archive (extention: .qar）
2. Running as a Workflow System
- a. Activate
- To build a new Workflow system or to update the version, click on the [Release developing Version] button
- b. Suspend
- To disable the Start new Process action, click on the [▼App] button, then select [Suspend]
- c. Restart
- To make a suspended Process Model operable again click on the [▼App] button, then select [Restart]
- A workflow App containing definition errors cannot be released
- The version number of a Process Model will be given at each time of releasing
- You can leave a version note when the App is released
- Even if the version is updated while an operation is in progress, each operation continues to flow according to the process definition at the start of operation
- The option of terminating all the Processes in progress upon [Suspend] is also available
3. Updating The Specifications of The Workflow System
- 1. Modification of App settings
- Update the Split settings or operating candidate settings, etc.
- 2. Save and Release
- Release the new version
- Once you create a new App and release it, it will run as "version 1"
- Configuration changes after the initial release are automatically saved as "Version 2" (this does not affect running Apps)
- In order to update the App to "version 2", release version 2 again
Z. Additional Information: Test operation as a workflow system
- a. Debug execution
- Conduct [Debug process execution] on the Developing version of an App flowing an Issue to check its operation
- You will be able to flow an Issue on the Developing version, even without [Releasing] it
- You can select any [First Step] from which to debug the App
- It is also possible to operate all of the Steps by yourself (by using the option "Allocate all Tasks to me")
- You can select a [Profile] If you are using [Variable] in the app settings
- FAQ: How Do I Conduct Operational Tests on a Running Workflow App?
Z. More Info: Reverting an [App] to Previous Version
- a. Duplicate
- [Copy] and run as a separate app
- Only the Definition information will be duplicated (Data Items (Business records) will not be duplicated!)
- If you need to inherit the case data, you need to manually edit and update the current version
Z. More Info: Deleting [App] (Cannot be recovered!)
- a. Delete
- [Delete] the App only when you want to delete all the definition information and business data in the App
- Select [Suspend] if you need to keep a record of the business data
- “Active” Apps cannot be deleted. To delete an Active App, you must [Suspend] it before you [Delete].
- 2018-03-05 (Work Request flow): Episode 577: Work Request Flow is the Basic of Workflow
- 2017-12-04 (Order FAX Handling): Episode 564: Store Received FAX on Unlimited Cloud
- 2016-03-22 (Cartoon Creation flow): Episode 475: Business Process that Finishes "Manga" upon Creating "Scenario"
- 2016-02-22 (Approval Request): Episode 471: I won't Give an Approval to My Own Application! (by a director of a department)
- 2015-12-28 (Procurement Request): Episode 463: Procurement Request (Starter Template)
- 2015-12-21 (Planning-Approval flow): Episode 462: Planning - Approval (Basic Business Pack)
- 2015-11-09 (General-purpose work request): Chain of Request is what Workflow is for (Product Tryout with Simple Requests)
- 2015-01-13: Let's Standardize 'Proposal Creation Process'!
- 2014-11-04: Create a Mechanism that 'Daily Report' which might have been Piled up, won't be so!