When you need a repetitive process such as one to transmit multiple emails or generate multiple PDF files, you should consider a looping structure which consists only of automatic [Service Tasks] and [Events] (i.e. without a [Human Task]). You will need to create List data such as addresses or file names which should be stored in a String-type multiple line Data item. (Script Step)
1. Overview of Storage Methods for Sequence Information
- a. String Data in Multiple Lines
- Storing Strings line by line (separated with line breaks)
- b. Table-type Data
- Storing Strings in String-type data within a Table-type Data item
- There are other methods of Sequence Information Management such as Comma delimiting in a String-type single line data item, or Select-type Check Box
2. Overview of the Methods of Calling Sequence Information inside the Loop
- 1. Referring to Sequence information
- Retrieve necessary data by referring to the Sequence information using a [Script Task]
- 2. Setting the Referenced Information
- Set it to a Data item, for example, "email destination"
- 3. Execute Events, etc. with the Information
- Place an event, for example, "email Transmission"
- 4. Confirm the Repeating Conditions
- Set the condition for ending the loop, such as by the number of repetitions or a time limit, etc.
- If the number of processes in the Step (Automated Steps, Human Steps, various Events) goes beyond the 500 Step limit it will cause a midstream error