There are many cases where generating strings is needed in the middle of a Business process, such as an "Initial password" created by the IT department, or "Agreement ID" by the Legal department. Methods of combining "Time information" or "Serial number information" should be considered if the generated strings must be unique. (Data assignment Step, Script Step)
1. Overview of the String Generation Mechanism
- a. Processing Business Data
- Process data which has been entered at an upstream Step and assign the result. (For example, customer name, application name, etc.) （M405）
- b. Formatting an Issue-specific ID
- Format and use a [Process ID] or [Process sequence number] that is unique to an Issue.
- c. Formatting the Start Time or the Elapsed Time
- Use the time that the Issue started or the "Current time" obtained at an Intermediate Event, after formatting them.
- d. Formatting the Name of the Operator or the Department
- Use the name of the applicant or the approver, after formatting them.
- e. Generating a Random String by Script
- Generate a String using functions; For example, "Math.random()", and set it.
- For example, you can set a string such as "20150123-01" by combining "Current date" and [Process ID].
2. Overview of Practical Use of String Generation
- a. Generating a File Name
- Generate a unique file name immediately before the [PDF Auto-generation Step].
- b. Generating Membership ID or Acceptance ID
- Issue Acceptance numbers or Incident numbers.
- c. Generating Passwords
- Generate temporary passwords upon issuing accounts for internal systems.
- To ensure uniqueness, a technique to combine the unique [Process ID] in the workflow platform is effective.