To configure pre-filled data in the Task Processing Screen (Input Screen), the method of Auto-Setting an [Initial Value] at the uppermost stream is useful. However, when it is necessary to refer to certain Business Data, the value must be set in the middle of the flow (Auto-Set Step).
1. Differences between Setting Initial Value and Generating Midstream with respect to String-type Data
- a. Refer to the Business Data
- You can refer to Business Data values (including [Issue Name]) when passing automated Steps
- b. Need to recognize the risk of overwriting
- The Data Item configured auto-set expression will overwrite the input value at the upper stream
- c. Need to recognize the risk of collision processing
- There is a possibility of conflicts in rewriting Data if the flow is split simultaneously
- Initial Value settings do not allow Data that refers to other Business Data Items
2. Overview of the Purpose of Generating String-type Data Midstream
- a. Avoid double-input
- E.g. Inputting the deadline on both the payment deadline and invoice guide, etc.
- b. Prevent transcription errors
- E.g. Setting "Inquirer Name" in the body text or setting "Inquirer Address" in the reply destination
- c. Prevent variations in notation style
- E.g. Set files name according to contract type (Select-type)
- The set data will be copied when the Issue passes through automated steps
- Even though the reference source is changed downstream, the assignment target will not be modified cooperatively
3. Place Steps for Auto-Setting
- 1. Placing data setting Steps
- Add [Service Task] steps into the flow
- 2. Adding notes
- Add description notes on the input screen, such as "will be Auto-set/has been Auto-set"
- Instead of setting "Draft" as the [Initial Value], set it as a reference expression in [Update Data]
- In the downstream give information to prevent parts that should not be modified from being edited by using input hints.