All Steps are connected by the arrow pathways. An arrow pathway may be in the form of a loop. It also supports hierarchical (multiplexing) loops or advanced loops called "non-block structures", as well as a simple "Send-back flow". However, a loop structure that may cause an infinite proliferation of split tokens (control identifiers) results in a definition error.
1. Draw Loop Structure
- a. Draw a Return Path
- To go back to the previous Step connect a reverse route in addition to the forward route
- b. Draw an Annular Pathway
- In order to be able to redo a step connect a path for the return
- Although it is possible to compose a loop pathway with only automatic processing, it will throw an error when the number of actual processes exceeds 500
- [Apps] in which an Issue token can Split infinitely are inoperable (i.e. A Split Model which includes a pathway that returns to the original Step without merging)
2. Correct the Error of the Split Point
- a. Individual Looping
- Eliminate pathways which go upstream of the Split point
- b. Looping after Merging
- Create a returning pathway upstream of the Split point after merging at a Join Gateway
- You must be careful when using both a looping structure and multiple Split Gateways (AND Split/OR Split).
- The combination of Single Split Gateway (XOR Split) and a looping structure will not cause an error regardless of how it is arranged.
X. BPMN Icons
- 2019-03-26: Inclusive Gateway (OR)
- 2019-03-26: Parallel Gateway (AND)
- 2019-03-26: Exclusive Gateway (XOR)
- 2018-01-29 (Article Proofreading-Time limitation): Episode 572: Business Improvement in Website Operation (Part 2)
- 2018-01-22 (Article Proofreading): Episode 571: Business Improvement in Website Operation (Part 1)
- 2017-01-23 (Order Reporting flow): Episode 519: What is Automation of Business Process (Part 2)
- 2017-01-16 (Order Reporting flow): Episode 518: What is Automation of Business Process? (Part 1)
- 2016-03-22 (Cartoon Creation flow): Episode 475: Business Process that Finishes "Manga" upon Creating "Scenario"
- 2015-08-24 (Criminal Procedure flow): Draw a Court Process in BPMN (flow of Criminal Procedure)
- 2015-08-17 (Civil Suits flow): Draw a Court Process in BPMN (flow of Civil Litigation)
- 2015-03-30: Efficiency by 'Template Sentence'
- 2015-01-26: Let the Expense Claim Go Online Completely!
- 2015-01-19: "Scan & Save" the Receipts
- 2014-12-08: Workflow which to be Started at the External Environment Changes, e.g. "Power Utilization": part 2
- 2014-12-01: Workflow which to be Started at the External Environment Changes, e.g. "Power Utilization"
- 2013-09-09: 10 Tips for Selecting BPM Products (Arbitrary Cycles)
- 2011-05-01: Eternal Looping