By placing [Service Task (Google Drive: File Upload)] in the middle of a flow File type data is automatically backed up to Google Drive at the moment the Step is reached. For example, you can transfer an 'Invoice PDF which has been approved by the supervisor' to Google Drive automatically.
1. Usage Example of Auto-Backup to Drive
- a. Internal Record
- Backing up the PDF that is generated upstream (e.g. 'Detailed Statement of Expense Paid', 'Invoice')
- b. Uniform Management
- Emailing the file on Drive directly without storing it locally (e.g. 'Proposal')
- c. Data Selection
- Storing only images that have been selected at the upstream step in the Drive (e.g. 'Image materials for Website')
2. Setting Auto-Backup to Drive
- 1. Set the Destination Folder
- Set up by folder ID (Specifying by folder path will be discontinued in the future)
- 2. Set the File Ownership
- Specify Ownership (G Suite user) of the file to be stored
- 3. Set storage for the file information
- Specify the destination storage data item for the file ID / display URL / download URL (optional)
- 4. Set Storage for Error Logs
- Specify a data item for communication error logs to be stored (optional)
- If the name of the destination folder is blank, the file will be stored directly under "My Drive"
- It is possible to change the sharing settings after the destination folder has been generated by Questetra
- Owner must have permitted 'OAuth Export to G Suite'
- When an error occurs error details will be reported to Users who have [Administrator authorization]
X. Blog Article
- 2016-10-24 (File Approval flow): Episode 506: Secure File Sharing with External Partner