The list of search results and the visibility of Business data in the Task detail will vary by individual. You cannot view Issues or Task data which is not related to you, or for which you don't have [Data Viewer] authority. The range of data and Apps that you are capable of searching for can be seen in the [App Authorization] section of the [Authorization] page shown in [Account Settings].
1. Issues that Appear in Search Results
- a. Issues You Were Involved with
- Issues you have Started and Issues you undertook Steps in the middle of
- b. Data Viewing Authorization
- Issues on operations which you have been given the [Data Viewer] authorization by the [App Administrator]
- In "Issues you were involved with", only data items associated with the Step you undertook will be shown in the search results
- Issues will not be shown if you could view them in [Offered] but did not eventually handle them
- With [Data Viewer (only Progress Information)] authorization you cannot search for Business data (except 'Title', etc.)
2. Checking Your Authorization
- 1. Browsing Your Authorization
- Browse the list of Apps at [Account Setting]
- 2. Checking Your Authorizations
- Check if you have the authorization level of [Data Viewer] or [Data Viewer (only Progress Information)] in the [App Authorization] section
- Only the Workflow definitions (Apps) that you have authorization to view will appear
- [Data viewer] subsumes [Data Viewer (only Progress Information)] (You don't need [Data Viewer (only Progress Information)] if you have [Data viewer])
3. Searching through Search Window
- a. Searching by ID
- If you know the Issue ID (Process ID), type the number (e.g. '123')
- b. Searching by Title
- Search through the Issues for which you have authorization
4. Usage Example of the 'Search Window'
- a. Checking the History with a Client
- Searching the history of correspondence with a particular client, such as for an estimate, inquiry, invoice, etc.
- b. Checking the Activities of Employees
- Searching over the history of applications that a particular employee made, such as an expense claim, password reset request, etc.
- The efficiency of "cross-operation searching (by Title)" will vary depending on whether the information that is described in the Title is in the daily work.
- If the Initial Value of the Title is set up to be entered automatically search efficiency will be significantly better. M207
- Variations in the description of the Title will be reduced by following the "Input hints" for the Title data. M213